One of the things that a lot of people struggle with when they’re on the keto diet is wondering whether or not they’re in ketosis. It’s not just an issue when you’re starting out with keto. Let’s face it, we’ve all gone out to dinner or visited a friend’s house and eaten something that we’re not sure was okay by keto standards. Guess what? There’s a way to test and find out if you’re in ketosis. They’re called ketosis strips, but What Are Ketosis Strips? In this guide we’ll tell you everything you need to know about these strips. If you’re wondering or you think you might what to purchase some of these ketosis meters but you want to know more, look no further. We’ll answer the question What Are Ketosis Strips and give you all the information you need! Let’s get started!
So, For Real… What Are Ketosis Strips?
They’re strips that measure whether or not you’re in ketosis! It takes the guess work out of whether or not the diet is working for you, or if you’re macros are off. Did that slip up cause you to fall out of ketosis? No need to wonder anymore. They work a little like pregnancy tests in that they’re a urinary analysis. The strips measure the level of ketones being expelled by your body, which should be a good indicator of whether or not you are in ketosis.
How Do You Use Ketosis Strips?
It’s a pretty simple process. Here’s how most of them work:
- Using the Cup Provided, Save Some Urine – We know, this is kind of gross, but as long as you’re careful there shouldn’t be any sort of accident, and it’s not like you have to keep it around. The test takes only a couple of minute and you can dispose of the urine when you’re done!
- Dip the Ketosis Strip Into the Urine – Some tests have you submerge it for a quick second, others up to ten seconds.
- Wait for the Results – It doesn’t take long. We looked at a number of brands of ketosis strips and none of them took more than a minute to produce results.
- Observe Your Results – This will vary by brand. Some strips give you a simple yes or no answer to the question “Am I in Ketosis?” Other will give you a more precise measurement of the ketone levels in your urine. You’d be able to tell if you’re producing fewer ketones (and therefore not burning as much fat) or if you’re pumping them out like crazy (most effective).
- Adjust Your Diet Accordingly – As we said, this takes a lot of the guess work out of the keto diet. When you know how you’re body is functioning, it’s easier to know what you can and can’t do for your efforts. You’ll actually know
What are Ketosis Strips | Where to Buy Them
Now that you know what they are, you may be wondering where you can pick them up. Luckily, you’ve got a lot of options. A quick search on Amazon yields a lot of results, but we also saw them advertised at CVS, so if you can’t wait the two days (because you’re a Prime member, aren’t you) you can head over to CVS and get them right away. As the keto diet grows in popularity, so do the products that support it.
Now that you know, why wonder any more about your keto diet. Get the test and find out how you’re doing yourself in the comfort of your own home!