Is Your Taco Bell Run Keto Friendly?
Have you started the keto diet? We don’t blame you! EVERYONE seems to be talking about their amazing weight loss results with keto. And how it could even boost your mood! Or maybe you HAVEN’T started keto, because you’re afraid of giving up some of your favorite fast foods. Like Taco Bell. After all…what diet is going to let you eat Taco Bell? You may not have to give up your favorite fatty foods like cheese, butter, or bacon on keto. But you do have to learn to monitor your carbs! This doesn’t mean you can’t eat your favorite fast food anymore! It just means you need to take a closer look at what YOU order off the menu! There are lots of keto friendly Taco Bell menu items! You just have to know where to look!
Keto Friendly Taco Bell: The Good
Here are some of the MOST keto friendly Taco Bell items:
- Power Menu Bowl| This bowl usually comes with rice, which is hardly keto friendly. But switch out the rice for extra romaine and the black beans for extra chicken or guacamole and you’re GOLDEN.
- Fiesta Taco Salad| Once you eliminate the giant taco shell bowl from the equation, this bowl becomes much more keto friendly. Like above, make sure to switch out the black beans in this one, as well as nixing the tortilla strips mixed into the salad. Try adding extra sour cream, pico, or cheese!
- Beefy 5- Layer Burrito| Tortillas prove to be the enemy once again! Lucky for you, this classic can be ordered in a bowl (sans tortilla) and without beans, making it totally keto friendly!
- Grande Scrambler| Looking for a good breakfast option? Look no further. Ask for it in a bowl with no tortilla and no potatoes. You’ll get a bowl full of scrambled eggs, protein, cheese, sour cream, and pico! Delicious!
Keto Friendly Taco Bell: The Bad
Here are some of the LEAST keto friendly Taco Bell items! So that you know what to avoid!
- Fiesta Taco Salad| What!? Didn’t we just list this in our most keto friendly section? You’re right. We did. But that goes to show what a difference substitutions can make! Order this baby as is and you’re looking at a whopping 75 g of carbs.
- Nachos BellGrande| Even though nachos might seem like a fairly harmless snack, these things could really throw your keto diet for a loop. Without substitutions, these nachos clock in at 78 g of carbs.
- Crunch Wrap Supreme| We won’t lie. This is our favorite Taco Bell menu item. BUT it’s most definitely NOT keto friendly, with 71 g of carbs.
Keto Friendly Taco Bell: The Ugly
Okay, so ugly might be a bit dramatic. What we really mean to say in this section is to do your research! Which is a little ugly because it does require some time and effort on your part. Because just because you’re eating keto friendly Taco Bell, that doesn’t mean you’re eating HEALTHY Taco Bell. Items that are low in carbs could still be high in calories, fat, or sodium! So make sure you’re watching your macros AND your general health!