The Best Keto-Friendly Mixed Drinks
So you started the keto diet. And your diet is going great! You’re enjoying lots of your favorite foods while still losing weight, you have more energy, your cravings are under control, and everyone is asking you why you look so GOOD lately! But then, catastrophe strikes. You go out for drinks with your pals, and you have NO IDEA how to find keto friendly mixed drinks. What do you do? Well, bookmark this page and you’ll never have to panic again! We’re going to cover our favorite keto friendly cocktails!
Keto Friendly Mixed Drinks: The Basics
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty: most alcohol is FULL of sugar and carbohydrates. And those sugar and carbs are your ENEMY on the keto diet. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy a drink from time to time! Another thing to note is that your body will most likely begin to feel the effects of alcohol sooner than it did when you were eating lots of carbs. So make sure to watch your intake carefully! The other guiding rule of thumb for choosing keto friendly mixed drinks is to look out for drinks that use clear liquors like vodka, tequila, or gin. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite recipes made with each!
Keto Friendly Mixed Drinks: Vodka
When it comes to keto friendly mixed drinks, vodka is queen! Vodka is lower in calories, sugar, and carbs than lots of the alternatives. And it’s versatile, so you can make a wide variety of keto friendly drinks with it!
- Low Carb Moscow Mule| This is one of the easiest keto friendly mixed drinks around! Just switch out the ginger beer for DIET ginger ale and add vodka and mint leaves! You can even make a ginger simple syrup with a sugar substitute like Stevia!
- Grapefruit Ginger Fizz| Mix vodka with fresh grapefruit juice. Add simple syrup made with sugar substitute, grated ginger, and grapefruit zest. Enjoy!
Keto Friendly Mixed Drinks: Tequila
- Margarita| You can still enjoy this zesty classic while on keto! Just mix together tequila, club soda, the juice of 1 lime, 2 drops orange essential oil, and liquid stevia to taste! Salt the rim and you have one of the most classic keto friendly mixed drinks around!
- Mexican Mule| Another easy drink to pull off. Just mix tequila with diet ginger beer and add a seedless jalapeno to infuse that delicious spice!
Keto Friendly Mixed Drinks: Gin
- Tom Collins| Another classic that is easy to adapt to our list of the best keto friendly mixed drinks! Regular Tom Collins mix can be PACKED with sugar that will send your body SPRINTING out of ketosis. But for our favorite recipe, just mix gin, lemon juice, sugar replacement, and seltzer. Then add a lemon slice for garnish! Voila! A keto friendly Tom Collins.
- Red Snapper| Feel like something savory? Try this keto twist on a Bloody Mary that uses gin in place of vodka! Mix gin, lemon juice, horseradish, tabasco, celery bitters, and Worcestershire sauce. Fill glass with ice and top with tomato juice. Garnish with a celery stalk and kick back and enjoy your keto friendly mixed drinks! No guilt, no gut, just great taste!