New Keto Menu At Chick Fil A: It’s Keto…But Is It Tasty?
Chick Fil A has announced a new keto friendly menu! Perhaps taking a cue from Chipotle, who released their own keto friendly menu at the beginning of this year, more and more fast food restaurants are adding more keto items to their menus. But how good do they actually taste? We’re going to give you a Chick Fil A Keto Menu review and break down the good, the just ok, and the ugly of the new menu. Because just because it’s keto doesn’t mean you’re going to WANT to eat it!
Chick Fil A Keto Menu: The Good
Let’s start off with the best news. These are (in our opinion) the best of the best Chick Fil A Keto Menu items.
- Grilled Nuggets| All the juicy, tender, chicken-y goodness you love about Chick Fil A’s chicken nuggets, but without the carb-loaded breading! These babies clock in at just 2g net carbs in an 8 piece serving.
- Cobb Salad With Grilled Chicken| This is probably the heartiest meal on the entire menu, and the one that feels most like a full meal. Which is good, because it does clock in at around 10g net carbs. Loaded with grilled nuggets, romaine, baby greens, red cabbage, carrots, roasted corn, cheese, bacon, diced eggs, and grape tomatoes. This salad is made fresh daily and is well worth the higher carb count.
Chick Fil A Keto Menu: The Alright
There are a few items on the Chick Fil A Keto Menu that we feel just don’t actually give you enough food to make a Chick Fil A Keto meal. They taste ok, we just think they could do better!
- Egg White Grill| This breakfast sandwich comes with citrus grilled chicken, egg whites, and American cheese on an English muffin. But it’s only actually keto if you skip the English muffin. Which is why we think it’s only alright.
- Sausage, Egg, And Cheese Biscuit| We have the same problem with this item as we did with the Egg White Grill. Which is that this item isn’t actually keto friendly unless you remove the biscuit, which kind of defeats the point of a breakfast sandwich. You may be hitting your macros, but we bet you won’t feel full.
- Bacon, Egg, And Cheese Bicuit| Aaaand again, we run into the same problem. We feel like these aren’t exactly keto menu items, since you have to make your breakfast sandwich NOT a sandwich in order for it to be keto. We just think there are better breakfast items for a Chick Fil A Keto Menu.
Chick Fil A Keto Menu: The Ugly
Now, the items in this section didn’t make this section because they taste bad. Let’s be real. Most fast food tastes good. But these items DID miss the mark for us in some way or another!
- Hash Brown Scramble Bowl With Grilled Chicken Or Sausage| Again, most of our issues with these items come with the fact that you have to remove a large part of the item in order to make it keto friendly. In this case, the hash browns. So you end up with just a small bowl of eggs, cheese, and a sprinkling of grilled chicken or sausage.
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich| Just don’t call it a sandwich! Because again, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE BUN. Sure, it’s only 3g net carbs. But it’s also just a stack of lettuce, tomato, and grilled chicken.
- Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich| If you’re going to get ONE of the items from this section, this should probably be the one. Again, you can’t really call it a club sandwich since you can’t have the bun (if you want it to be keto friendly), but at least with this version you get lettuce, tomato, grilled chicken, AND cheese and bacon. But we still don’t really think this should qualify for the Chick Fil A Keto Menu.
Chick Fil A Keto Menu: Get Saucy
Keto has been known to help curb cravings. But in case you get a hankering for a tasty sauce on your Chick Fil A, you’ll be happy to know that quite a few of their sauces are keto friendly
- Garlic And Herb Ranch Sauce| 1g Net Carb
- Zesty Buffalo Sauce| 0g Net Carb
- Creamy Salsa Dressing| 2g Net Carb
- Light Italian Dressing| 3g Net Carb
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing| 2g Net Carb