When it comes to DIY Keto Snacks, there are many possibilities. Some DIY Keto Snacks require no prep, but you can get fancy with others.
DIY Keto Snacks: Endless Possibilities!
Ingredients for DIY Keto Snacks include but are not limited to nuts, seeds, cheese, nut butters, avocado, eggs, tomatoes, jalapenos, green beans, celery, butter, cucumber, other vegetables, berries, other dairy products, and 90% dark chocolate (yes!) Just make sure to do a carb count so you don’t go over your personal keto plan. These ingredients are not exhaustive, but they make up some of the examples for DIY Keto Snacks below.
DIY Keto Snacks: Keto Snacks That Require Little To No Prep
For DIY Keto Snacks that require zero prep, you can snack on tasty treats like seeds, nuts, hummus, string cheese and other cheeses, jerky, hardboiled eggs, nut butters, avocados, cocoa nibs (sugarless alternative to regular chocolate), seaweed, pickles, sardines, and cut vegetables. The most prep these snacks require is some simple chopping and slicing. Since ketogenic diets are most healthy when you eat unprocessed, whole foods (like all healthy diets), you can also just go through your keto grocery list and identify which items on the list you can easily snack on. This will point you in the right direction.
DIY Keto Snacks: Keto Snacks That Require Some Prep
You can go online and find many DIY Keto Snacks, both sweet and savory. The sweet treats are as sweet as they can be on a ketogenic diet (not TOO sweet), but boy do they look good! Many of these snacks are different combinations of the same keto-friendly ingredients, but there is a lot of room for customization. You can swap out different vegetables and cheeses, for instance. Or you can use cheese in one snack and meat in another. Here are some examples of
DIY Keto Snacks that require some prep:
- Keto Caprese Salad Snack – Combine tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil for a fragrant, keto treat! Drizzle with balsamic vinegar for tanginess. This is perfect for summertime when tomatoes and basil are widely available and high quality!
- Keto Cucumber Or Celery Boats – You know them, you love them. Fill will cream cheese, tuna, or nut butter! Just chop the celery and fill them up. Cut cucumbers the long way, scoop out the seeds, and fill with whatever keto option you like!
- Keto Jalapeno Poppers – Skip the breading but keep the peppers and cheese.
- Guacamole – Your basic guacamole: avocado, onion, tomato, lemon or lime juice, cilantro, garlic, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper. Just skip the chips!
- Keto Fat Bombs – Tasty fat bombs include coconut and peanut butter cups. Look online for more options. These are not (too) sweet, but they will satisfy major cravings! Or you can just dip 90% unsweetened dark chocolate in nut butter for your fix.
As you can see, there are a variety of possibilities for DIY Keto Snacks! Hop online for even more examples and recipes. Get planning and transform your keto lifestyle today with your own personal favorites. Happy snacking!